** Attachment added: "Test PDF display in Adobe Reader"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/1892244/+attachment/5402861/+files/Adobe%20Reader.JPG

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  Spaces not showing correctly with Chinese characters

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:

  Package: evince

  Section: gnome

  Architecture: amd64

  Version: 3.36.0-2

  Ubuntu version-
  Release: 20.04

  I created a PDF file through python reportLab library, containing
  random Chinese alphabet. The spaces in between the Chinese letters are
  not showing up correctly in Evince. I have attached the PDF file -
  chinese_test.pdf, that did not behave correctly. I have also attached
  the screenshots of how the file is being displayed in Adobe Reader and
  Evince.