This bug was fixed in the package zsys - 0.4.7

---------------
zsys (0.4.7) focal; urgency=medium

  * Fix ZSys package post-installation failed when boot pool is not imported
    (LP: #1886214)
  * Change ZSys GC to only keep one month (LP: #1889385)

 -- Didier Roche <didro...@ubuntu.com>  Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:32:33 +0200

** Changed in: zsys (Ubuntu Focal)

Packages, which is subscribed to zsys in Ubuntu.

  Change zsys GC to only keep one month

Status in zsys package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in zsys source package in Focal:

  [Impact]
  * People start experiencing /boot and disk near being full due to our
snapshot policy.
  * Until we implement GC pressure based on disk space, mitigate the issue by
only keeping last month.

  [Test Case]
  * Install new ZSys version
  * zsysctl show
  -> You should see history states that are older than one month
  * Wait for a GC pass to be ran, or run directly zsysctl service gc
  -> The history states older than a month should be gone (for states that
don’t have dependencies)

  [Regression Potential]
  This change is a configuration tweak, which is already covered by a great
number of test cases. Manual testing has been done on a system with a bunch of
history states.

  The regression would be too much or too few history states being
  removed, but as said, this scenario is already covered by other test
  cases.