The next major release of KDE Plasma will want pipewire 0.3, so this
would put us in good shape for that next cycle.

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  [FFe] Migrate to pipewire-0.3

Status in gnome-remote-desktop package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in krfb package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in pipewire package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in weston package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in xdg-desktop-portal package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in xdg-desktop-portal-gtk package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in xdg-desktop-portal-kde package in Ubuntu:

  Various packages are now depending on pipewire-0.3 (or, in some cases
  pipewire-0.2).

  While this is not a main component for ubuntu (yet) we have various
  projects depending on it, and some core components (actually mutter)
  have a build-only-dependency on it.

  Debian already completed this migration some weeks ago, while ubuntu
  doesn't provide pipewire-0.3 yet and this can be blocking many
  components to land in next cycle.

  As per this, we thought that was wiser to anticipate the migration now
  so that all the dependencies will be already in ubuntu at the
  beginning of the next cycle, and we could start earlier the actual
  usage of pipewire in the desktop for mutter (and other components such
  as the xdg-portals).

  All the packages have been prepared already in:
   https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/4265.1/+packages

  You can refer to the diffs in https://bileto.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/4265
  to see the details of the changes.