   Lock screen not locking upon resume (org.gnome.desktop.lockdown
disable-lock-screen set to true for some reason)

  screen locking no longer works

Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:

  in the last week, the gnome screen locking functionality stopped
  working. I'm under the impression this is handled by gdm3, but if not,
  please point me at the correct package.

  in any case, now there's no lock icon in the power menu in the top
  right, win-L does nothing, and trying to invoke manually with the
  gnome-screensaver package times out after about a minute with the
  following error:

  $ gnome-screensaver-command -l

  ** (gnome-screensaver-command:212161): WARNING **: 18:46:25.014: unable to
send message: Timeout was reached
  ** Message: 18:46:25.014: Did not receive a reply from the screensaver.

  as well, if I suspend the system, on resume it dumps right back to the
desktop without a prompt to re-authenticate, so this is a security issue.

  Package: gdm3 3.34.1-1ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.4.0-47.51-lowlatency 5.4.55
  Uname: Linux 5.4.0-47-lowlatency x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair nvidia_modeset
nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.8
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip