Please merge this with the similar bugs like bug 1864982, bug 1853709,
bug 1812556 and more...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bugs?field.searchtext=lock

  screen locking doesn't work when using lightdm

  I upgraded from 18.04 to 20.04.1 and  the screen doesn't lock or go
  blank at the set time.  I think this issue also effects the shortcuts
  not working also.

  I'm using nemo as my file manager I followed these instructions below

  https://itsfoss.com/install-nemo-file-manager-ubuntu/