** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: focal groovy

  Right-clicking on an application in the Activities Overview list
  should give you options but also display program information

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:

  In Unity when one searches for an application, if they then right-
  click on the application icon it provides the user with more
  information and focusses on the program and puts it in a sort of
  square in the centre of the screen (so basically it looks quit nice
  and slick). It puts the application icon big next to the title on the
  right and has a description of the application underneath, it then
  also provides options such as "Open" and "Uninstall" (I think so
  anyway, it's been a while since I used Unity).

  Anyway, I think that when one searches for an application or views the
  listing of them in the Activities Overview that they should be able to
  right-click on the icon and get something similar rather than just a
  menu with a few options.

  It would probably be good if the same was done for other file types
  and not just applications.