** Description changed:

- I have a standard Spanish keyboard. If I try to input an accentuated
- character, such as á or ü, in places like the search field in the
- overview or when writing a folder name in the app grid, nothing appears.
+ I'm running an up-to-date Ubuntu Focal. I have a standard Spanish
+ keyboard. Under X, if I try to input an accentuated character, such as á
+ or ü, in places like the search field in the overview or when writing a
+ folder name in the app grid, nothing appears. Under Wayland, it fails
+ each time on the first input of an accentuated character, then it works.

  Can't input accents in GNOME shell

  I'm running an up-to-date Ubuntu Focal. I have a standard Spanish
  keyboard. Under X, if I try to input an accentuated character, such as
  á or ü, in places like the search field in the overview or when
  writing a folder name in the app grid, nothing appears. Under Wayland,