Thank you for your bug report, it does sound like an old upstream issue
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=242861
** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Confirmed
** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided => Low
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1903988
Title:
search by voice command on google from a pc (left icon micro on the
search bar)
Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
Bonjour
from : https://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=2026621
Hello
The microphone works again on Chromium. An update must have corrected the
problem. Not very long ago it seems to me, I check every now and then.
Chromium version Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official build) snap (64 bits).
I am using Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) snap (64 bit).
Good continuétation
I don't know if the package has been updated correctly in ubuntu 20.04
but in any case when I click on this icon, the message that is sent to
me is no internet connection, I got closer to the connection to see if
it 'was a proximity problem linked to wifi, and it turns out that the
connection goes correctly, the only possibility currently is to go
through google chrome
"Hello,
My tests confirm the observations made in the above contributions:
- Regardless of the extensions installed, the version of “Chromium”
66.0.3359.181 now seems to prevent speech recognition from working, in the
Linux OS of the Ubuntu family that I was able to test.
- Installing "Chrome" *, next to "Chromium", allows you to access this
functionality. The workaround is satisfactory, but with respect to privacy and
until proven guilty, "Chrome" is not "Chromium". hmm
Until the regression of "Chromium" can be corrected "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if the package has been updated correctly in ubuntu 20.10
but in any case when I click on this icon, the message that is sent to
me is no internet connection, I got closer to the connection to see if
it 'was a proximity problem linked to wifi, and it turns out that the
connection goes correctly, the only possibility currently is to go
through google chrome, it is clearly not normal that this bug is still
present in this version of ubuntu
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1903988/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp