Gnome now differs from every single other window manager. I understand
that alt+drag interferes with some former mac users' workflows, but
really, we've been here for 20 years and they just arrived... why should
we change our workflows to suit theirs?

Can we please revert to the default, and make this a tick-box option
upon installation, or in keyboard settings? (Ie. "Do you use ..... names
of applications " .... or even better, put the option in those
applications.

Can anyone link to where Gnome made this decision?

TLDR: it's super frustrating that Gnome now has a different default
shortcut key from every single other window manager.

  Can't Alt+drag windows at all any more

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  Alt+drag doesn't move windows like it should.

  I think this might be a Wayland-specific problem in Gnome Shell.