Public bug reported:

When I am booting the computer up, it never sets the default output to
the one I was using previously, which should be the norm. This is also
the same for audio inputs. It works perfectly fine when connecting any
new sound sources to the PC, which then pulseaudio sets the output/input
to. But regarding it's state when booting up, it should stay on the last
used audio device.

Release:        20.10

2) pulseaudio:
  Instalado: 1:13.99.2-1ubuntu2
  Candidato: 1:13.99.2-1ubuntu2
  Tabela de versão:
 *** 1:13.99.2-1ubuntu2 500
        500 http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu groovy-updates/main amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:13.99.2-1ubuntu1 500
        500 http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu groovy/main amd64 Packages

** Affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Pulseaudio always defaults to any external audio device connected when
  booting up

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu: