Access to errors.ubuntu.com requires a Launchpad account (and I'm not sure if
an extra permission).
For convenience, I'm attaching the stacktrace here.

** Attachment added: "simple-scan-crash-stacktrace.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/simple-scan/+bug/1620720/+attachment/5441656/+files/simple-scan-crash-stacktrace.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to simple-scan in Ubuntu.

  /usr/bin/simple-

scan:11:page_view_get_pixel:page_view_set_pixel:page_view_update_preview:page_view_update_page_view:page_view_render

Status in simple-scan package in Ubuntu:

  The Ubuntu Error Tracker has been receiving reports about a problem
  regarding simple-scan.  This problem was most recently seen with
  version 3.20.0-0ubuntu1, the problem page at
  https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/5d14b5ef920c7cf703fc36d412ecf55b28c6621e
  contains more details.