On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 10:46:52PM -0000, Rico Tzschichholz wrote:
> This issue is not restricted to arm* but have been seen occasionally on amd64.
> It effects the binary package build too, where these tests are part of "make
> check".
>
> There are a lot tests disabled in
> 'sw/qa/uitest/writer_dialogs/openDialogs.py' for similar reasons.
>
> So while it locks up at "test_21_.uno:EditGlossary (openDialogs.openDialogs)
> ... " I would give that a try:
> https://git.launchpad.net/~libreoffice/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/commit/?id=0136e1c7a8f8823cbd0e5027ed203ee0d2f71262

Thanks for the bug reference - I had an unconfirmed theory that the test
was deadlocking somewhere!

I think Heather mentioned seeing this in other tests too - it would be
good to grep the failing logs to see... seems like the string when it
starts a test doesn't contain a \n, so it looks like:

  test_21_.uno:EditGlossary (openDialogs.openDialogs) ... autopkgtest
[22:36:52]: ERROR: timed out on command "...

If it's only this one, or only a small number of tests which can hang
(on slow / loaded machines particularly it seems) always, then skipping
those few would be a reasonable solution, indeed.

But if this can apply to any of the uicheck tests, then I think I'm
still in favour of using timeout(1) to paper over the deadlock, by
setting our own timeout, lower than the autopkgtest one, and skipping if
we hit it.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ la...@debian.org ]

  arm64 autopkgtests are flaky

Status in LibreOffice:
  Confirmed
Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  See http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/libreoffice/cosmic/arm64.

  In the past 30 days, 8 out of 45 test runs failed. That a 18% failure
  rate. It would be good to understand if all those failures are
  similar, what's causing them, and if they can easily be made more
  robust.