My Surfshark VPN stopped working after installing Ubuntu software updates.
I have Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS I received a pop-up on around Sept. 24 or 25 to
install updates and did so accordingly.

Since installing that set of updates I cannot connect to a VPN on this
computer.

Using Surfshark. I enter ...

sudo surfshark-vpn

I get ...

Checking for connection status...
Not connected to Surfshark VPN
Was unable to connect to VPN server. Please try another server.

I also have Protonmail VPN as a backup. When I try that with ...

sudo protonvpn connect

I get ...

Connecting to JP-FREE#2 via UDP...
[!] There was an error connecting to the ProtonVPN API.
[!] Please make sure your connection is working properly!

I have another Ubuntu computer on the same home network. It is running
18.04 LTS. Both Surfshark and Proton VPN work on that laptop. I also
have a work computer running Win7 and the Big-IP Edge VPN. That also
works without issues. Therefore, I know it's not my Router or ISP.

** Affects: network-manager-openvpn (Ubuntu)

--
VPN Stopped working after installing Ubuntu patch
Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-openvpn in Ubuntu.