Also, alsa-info.sh: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/sspkGCwkVj/

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  NUC7i5 - No HBR, unstable EAC3 audio passthrough on Ubuntu 20.10

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  Software is X11-based stable/up-to-date Kodi v18 on up-to-date Ubuntu 20.10.
  Hardware is an Intel NUC7i5BNH (Kaby Lake), latest available BIOS and latest
available HDMI/LS-PCON firmware. The AVR is a Denon AVR-2310. The TV is an old
Toshiba 1080p LCD. I make sure that the TV and AVR are turned on first so that
EDID is available.

  When playing a file with HBR audio bitstreams (DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD) I get no
audio.
  When playing a file with EAC3/DD+ audio bitstreams, I get very regular
dropouts.
  When I play a file with stereo/DTS/DD bitstreams, all is fine.
  When I play an audio file with 6 channels of LPCM, all is fine.

  I can play the same files with HBR or EAC3 audio on the same machine from a
Windows install without any issue, right out of the box using the built-in
software, using the default configs, which rules out hardware incompatibilities.
  I've spent some time with the Kodi guys who have come to the conclusion that
the issue was not with them but higher in the software stack. So here I am!
History here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359371

  I've also filed a bug with Intel, but I'm not getting any traction there.
Must be the holydays!
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/-/issues/2861

  Any help is welcomed.

  I'm no dev, but I know my way around Linux and systems, and I am not
  afraid of testing things and reporting data. Compiling code is usually
  something I can do, with instructions if it's less run-of-the-mill.

  Thanks in advance!

  More specific/detailed background data:

  BIOS: BNKBL357.86A.0083.2020.0714.1344 07/14/2020 (latest available from
Intel)
  HDMI Firmware: 1.77.93 (the latest available from Intel, updated from a
Windows install)
  System architecture: ("uname -m"): x86_64
  Kernel version: ("uname -r"): 5.8.0-33-generic
  Linux distribution: Ubuntu 20.10 kept up-to-date
  Machine or motherboard model (use dmidecode if needed): NUC7i5BNH -
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/J2V4mKFWSg/
  Display connector: physically HDMI, but I understand that it is internally a
DP with a protocol converter leading to HDMI
  Full dmesg with debug information: From boot
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/53qVzpDJ76/
  I've played a file with DTS-HD HBR audio bitstream (no audio) towards the
end, if it can help - https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5pRRpmfT3P/
  I've played a file with EAC3 audio bitstream with dropouts towards the end of
that one, if it can help - https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/xFPQY5Zzcb/
  xrandr --verbose: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/V95ZWx9MNy/
  intel_reg_dumper output: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/bWnjsvQ9t4/
  VBIOS dump: File available there https://youplala.net/~nico/intel/
  lsmod | grep snd: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/hq9Bf87GbY/
  /proc/asound/card0/codec#2: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/8JDwbj5pYs/
  /proc/asound/card0/eld#2.0: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/KdZzHZxTsm/
  cat /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/card0-DP-1/edid |
edid-decode: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/vVjdSWh9Dz/

  Package: alsa-base (not installed)
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu50.3
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  Date: Sat Jan  2 12:59:50 2021
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64
(20180108.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   TERM=screen-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to groovy on 2020-12-26 (7 days ago)