This bug was fixed in the package libsndfile - 1.0.31-1ubuntu1

---------------
libsndfile (1.0.31-1ubuntu1) hirsute; urgency=medium

  * debian/rules: forcefully enable tests (they are disabled by default on
    riscv64 in Ubuntu) because libsndfile1-dev wants to install test binaries
    (LP: #1917650)

 -- Olivier Tilloy <olivier.til...@canonical.com>  Wed, 03 Mar 2021
17:53:18 +0100

** Changed in: libsndfile (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to libsndfile in Ubuntu.

  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsndfile.so.1: undefined symbol:
  vorbis_version_string

Status in libsndfile package in Ubuntu:

  When I try to run virtualbox, I get the message:
  VirtualBox: supR3HardenedMainGetTrustedMain:
dlopen("/usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox.so",) failed:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsndfile.so.1: undefined symbol:
vorbis_version_string

  I have tried installing and re-installing libsndfile1 and anything
  "vorbis" that seems like it might have a positive influence on this
  file.

  I initially thought the problem was with virtualbox, but after filing
  a bug with virtualbox (https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/10567), they
  claim it's not with virtualbox.  I have tried both the ubuntu version
  of virtualbox and the one from the virtualbox.org site that's built
  for ubuntu 12.04. Both fail with the same error message.

  Help!!!
  (The annoying thing is that I don't use the sound in virtualbox, but I'm
being prevented from working because of this bug/dependency with libsndfile!)

  Package: libsndfile1 1.0.25-4
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Date: Tue May 15 16:49:15 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, user)