very little events as of now.. yesterday evening I had them in 5-10 minute
intervals.
I was pushing a lot of data via webdav from FTP (datacenter) via my laptop to
my NAS

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  [DisplayLink] screen flicker on gnome with t450s with ultra dock

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  picture on monitor connected to DisplayPort flickers occasionally. between 1
and 20 times per hour.
  searched for similar bugs or problems, related to docking station. Does not
happen when using laptop standalone / connect screen manually.

  DisplayLink Driver is installed/compiled from official website.

  whenever the flickering happens, this appears in log:

  "libinput error: client bug: timer event20 debounce short: scheduled
  expiry is in the past (-10ms), your system is too slow"

  anything I can contribute? fix?
  I tried to get daily builds of intel-driver but that broke wayland/gdm so I
rolled back.

  only link I could find that seems relevant is
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1572667 - which
  expired.

  thanks

  Andreas

  Package: mutter 3.36.7+git20201123-0.20.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.8.0-45.51~20.04.1-generic 5.8.18
  Uname: Linux 5.8.0-45-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.16
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Thu Mar 18 16:18:08 2021
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64
(20210209.1)
  SourcePackage: mutter