... when importing from a CD and the above issue happens.

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Error transferring track: "could not open resource for writing" when
  copying tracks to library

Status in rhythmbox package in Ubuntu:

  I tried adding my old iTunes music folder into my (empty) Rhythmbox
  library having the option 'Copy files that are outside the music
  library' checked. After clicking 'Import 4974 listed tracks'.

  Expected behaviour:
  all files should've been copied to my Rhythmbox media folder.

  What happened instead:
  the copy process got interupted with the following error:

  Error transferring track: "could not open resource for writing"
  Only a few tracks where copied, I was able to press the button a few more
times to copy a few more tracks, but then Rhythmbox crashed/closed and I had to
restart it.

  I also tried it with just a few tracks. That worked, but the same error
message came up when trying to copy tracks that were added to the library
before.

  ---

  Release:      15

  rhythmbox: