I cannot reproduce the test failure locally, nor when running the test
in an armhf LXC container on an arm64 cloud instance.

When running locally, I can see the google consent popup overlaid on top
of the search results page, but the URL isn't rewritten, and the network
tab of devtools doesn't show any query to consent.google.com either.
There's definitely something different in the test environment that
causes this bug.

  autopkgtest fails in hirsute on armhf

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/f/firefox/hirsute/armhf

https://objectstorage.prodstack4-5.canonical.com/v1/AUTH_77e2ada1e7a84929a74ba3b87153c0ac
  /autopkgtest-
  hirsute/hirsute/armhf/f/firefox/20210408_154741_90187@/log.gz

  autopkgtest [15:44:53]: test command3: [-----------------------
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/tmp/autopkgtest.D3W44g/build.bPt/src/debian/tests/search-engines",
line 51, in <module>
  search URL for Google:
https://consent.google.com/ml?continue=https://www.google.com/search%3Fchannel%3Dfs%26client%3Dubuntu%26q%3Dfoobarbaz&gl=GB&m=1&pc=srp&hl=en&src=1
      assert url.netloc == v['netloc']
  AssertionError
  autopkgtest [15:45:08]: test command3: -----------------------]
  autopkgtest [15:45:11]: test command3:  - - - - - - - - - - results - - - - -
- - - - -
  command3             FAIL non-zero exit status 1
  autopkgtest [15:45:12]: test command3:  - - - - - - - - - - stderr - - - - -
- - - - -
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/tmp/autopkgtest.D3W44g/build.bPt/src/debian/tests/search-engines",
line 51, in <module>
      assert url.netloc == v['netloc']
  AssertionError

  Most likely an infrastructure proxy/networking error.