It seems you have installed some 3rd party related packages of
*OpenOffice* which are not supported in an Ubuntu installation with
LibreOffice.

Please remove the OpenOffice packages you have installed to fix this conflict.
See "dpkg -l | grep openoffice" for the packages which need to be removed.

  package libreoffice-common (not installed) failed to install/upgrade:
  trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/soffice', which is also in package
  openoffice-debian-menus 4.1.9-9805

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Previously I somehow managed to manually install libreoffice.  I've
  been using it for months now and want to keep using it.  Recently
  within the Spreadsheet app ("OpenOffice Calc"), it said that an update
  was available.  Tried to update within the app itself, but that failed
  so I left it as-is at least for a week or more.

  Today when I did a "sudo apt upgrade -y", that command is now erroring
  out with unmet dependencies, something to do with libreoffice-core.  I
  haven't figured out what to do about it yet.

  See https://pastebin.com/B4TKtbwp

  I'm unsure what to do about this.  Please email me at
  g...@glencooper.com if you have any suggestions.

  At the very minimum I would like to keep my system up-to-date with
  making it so the "sudo apt upgrade -y" command doesn't error out.

  Thanks!

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04
  Package: libreoffice-common (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.8.0-48.54~20.04.1-generic 5.8.18
  Uname: Linux 5.8.0-48-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.16
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  Date: Fri Apr 16 06:41:08 2021
  ErrorMessage: trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/soffice', which is also in
package openoffice-debian-menus 4.1.9-9805
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200731)
  Python3Details: /usr/bin/python3.8, Python 3.8.5, python3-minimal,
3.8.2-0ubuntu2
  PythonDetails: N/A
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   dpkg 1.19.7ubuntu3
   apt  2.0.5
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  Title: package libreoffice-common (not installed) failed to install/upgrade: