** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gvfs/-/issues #488
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gvfs/-/issues/488

** Also affects: gvfs via
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gvfs/-/issues/488

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  gvfs truncates files in ftp and ftps

Status in gvfs:
  Unknown
Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:

  Xubuntu 20.04 LTS
  Kernel linux: 5.4.0-37-generic
  gvfs version: 1.44.1-1ubuntu1

  This bug occurs when I connect to a ftp server through the files
  manager (test with thunar and pcmanFM) and I open a file with a text
  editor (test with sublime text 3 and Mousepad).

  Sometimes when I save the file, it is send truncated to the server
  (ex: 4KiB instead of 6KiB or 160KiB instead of 235KiB). Save again the
  file (even after a change) don't fix it. I must copy my file content,
  close the file, re-open it from the file manager, paste content and
  try again to save.

  It seems don't have problem with SFTP (ssh) protocol. Just the FTP and
  FTPS ones.

  It isn't a server problem because there is no problem with other FTP
  client like Filezilla.