sorry but it's a bit unclear from the description what the issue is, it
just sounds like those softwares do try to read the keyring for whatever
reason, could be to check if there is a stored credential and to do that
they need to unlock the keyring, it doesn't sound a bug

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.

  inconsistent and unneeded password prompts

Status in gnome-keyring package in Ubuntu:

  On several occasions I have experienced that gnome-keyring prompts to be
unlocked when I believe it should not.
  * I have Spotify installed as a .deb. When starting Spotify, on some
occasions gnome-keyring prompts to be unlocked, on others not. This behaviour
has been observed both when gnome-keyring has been unlocked in advance as well
as when not. I have not added my Spotify password to gnome-keyring.
  * same behaviour as described above when starting Lutris. Did also not add
any Lutris related passwords to gnome-keyring.
  * similar behaviour is observed with other applications where no passwords
have been added to gnome-keyring.

  Whether or not I actually unlock the keyring, it has no functional
  impact in these cases.

  Package: gnome-keyring 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.8.0-50.56~20.04.1-generic 5.8.18
  Uname: Linux 5.8.0-50-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.17
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME