Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: mutter (Ubuntu)

  window focus is lost after blank screen

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  New in 21.04 hirsute default installation, the problem was not there
  in 20.10 .

  Environment:  the default Wayland (source of other trubles as well,
  the most disturbing out of them is
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1925732) and the Gnome shell

  Problem steps: (1) there are few windows on my screen and the focus is
  in one of them, I edit there something, (2) after 5 minutes of user
  inactivity the screen blanks, (3) I wish to resume the editing in the
  same window, hence I hit either a ctrl or shift key, or slightly move
  the mouse, (4) the view comes back, but none of the windows have the
  input focus!