Issue ID:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/1909

** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues #1909
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/1909

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Wayland causes arrow key scroll lock behavior when using Japanese or
  US-intl keyboard layouts

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading to Ubuntu 21.04 with Wayland as default, the arrow
  keys on my Japanese 108-key USB keyboard scroll in LibreOffice Calc as
  though scroll lock is toggled on (even though the scroll lock light is
  not on) instead of moving the cell in focus. (This happens with the
  US-intl keyboard layout too.) The arrow keys work as expected in other
  programs though, including LibreOffice Writer.

  If I switch to the default US keyboard layout, the arrow keys on the
  same keyboard work properly: moving the cell in focus.

  I tried removing grp_led:scroll from
  XKBOPTIONS="grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll" in
  /etc/default/keyboard, but that did not fix it.

  I also tried uninstalling LibreOffice and removing the config files as
  explained here, but that didn't fix it either.

  This was not a problem in Ubuntu 20.10 and the Japanese USB keyboard
  arrow keys work correctly in LibreCalc on Windows, so the issue
  appears to be specific to Ubuntu 21.04, not LibreOffice, nor this
  keyboard.

  As a workaround, if I start the session with Xorg instead, the arrow
  keys work as expected with any keyboard layout. Therefore, this bug
  appears to be related to Wayland.

  I was encouraged to file this bug report for gnome-shell in the
  comments on this AskUbuntu post:
  https://askubuntu.com/questions/1356052/why-do-japanese-keyboard-
  arrow-keys-scroll-in-libreoffice-calc-but-move-cell-
  wit/1356059?noredirect=1#comment2321519_1356059

  Package: gnome-shell 3.38.4-1ubuntu3~21.04.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu65.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Aug  7 12:18:23 2021
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 3.38.4-1ubuntu2
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  modified.conffile..etc.apport.crashdb.conf: [modified]
  mtime.conffile..etc.apport.crashdb.conf: 2021-07-06T20:58:08.463515