> > Sorry for the delay in getting this finished. We don't currently have
> > anyone available to work on this. We will prioritize this as soon as we
> > can. Windows works because of the work in Bug 1508115.
>
> I appreciate the work that you guys for free and I understand that resources
> are tight. Is there some way we could provide some financial support to
> address this specific issue?
>
> How can Firefox claim to be all about Privacy, Security and Speed when it
> doesn't support the greatest improvement we have ever had to all of those
> things when it comes to logins?     I expected Firefox to be the very first
> to get this working, not the last.
>
> Again, I do really appreciate what the developers do but I really think that
> this issue deserves to be a top priority and I'm sure there are plenty of
> people who would be willing to fund it.

Currently someone from SUSE has been working on authenticator-rs. They
really want to see webauthn added to firefox and have been working for
weeks on CTAP2 support now. You can check out
https://github.com/mozilla/authenticator-rs/pull/150
https://github.com/mozilla/authenticator-rs/pull/154 and their own
development branch on https://github.com/msirringhaus/authenticator-
rs/tree/ctap2-cont

Of course, work would be much light if it wasn't a single person doing
all the work!

Maybe this gives you some idea of the progress of things right now :)

  [upstream] Firefox lacks FIDO2 support with Yubikeys

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Confirmed
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu LTS versions affected.

  "Passwordless" authentications with Yubikeys using Firefox don't work
  with FIDO2.

  Tested both with the yubikey software packages from the
  bionic/universe repo and those from the vendor https://www.yubico.com/