The Precise Pangolin has reached end of life, so this bug will not be
fixed for that release

** Changed in: system-config-printer (Ubuntu Precise)

Packages, which is subscribed to system-config-printer in Ubuntu.

  (oneiric) false error messages when printing

Status in system-config-printer package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in system-config-printer source package in Oneiric:
  Fix Released
Status in system-config-printer source package in Precise:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  With an up to date (as of 20 Sept) Oneiric beta, I am receiving
  several error/warning notifications when I try to print.  Printing
  actually works - that's not the issue. But on the way to a successful
  printing, I see

  - "Printer may not be connected" warning message
  - "Printer error - cups-remote-processing" error message

  I am running an upgrade from 11.04, with the same printers.  Prior to
  the upgrade I didn't receive either of these messages, and feel this
  is a regression.