> When that reaches Debian, there is a risk that Ubuntu's desktop team
won't accept to keep mozc in main (and on the ISO).

I think so too. Unfortunately the Qt renderer and Gtk renderer seem to
be exclusive at the moment. We still need Gtk renderer.

> > However ibus-x11 process is doubled, it is ok?

> Yeah, I saw that and assumed that it won't hurt... Is that duplication
avoided with your idea with xrefresh (a command whose existence I wasn't
aware of)? If it is, maybe that's a better approach.

Thanks confirm. I agree to adopt im-config approach. Please SRU it.

Packages, which is subscribed to im-config in Ubuntu.

  ibus-x11 does not start automatically

Status in im-config package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  ibus-x11 does not start automatically due to Xwayland on demand by default.
  IBus user does not input any cjkv languages before start to ibus-x11 or
xwayland process.

  Steps to reproduce:

  1. run Ubuntu 21.10 installer
  2. select Japanese language
  3. finish to install and reboot
  4. login
  5. reboot
  6. login
  7. push Windows key + Space key and select Japanese (Mozc)
  8. run gedit
  9. push Hankaku/Zenkaku key

  Expected results:

  show any Japanese characters

  Actual results:

  input any alphabetical key which I push

  observation:

  This may be mutter's matter.
  Xwayland on demand by default
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/merge_requests/1673

  workaround:

  1. run gnome-terminal and run command "ibus-daemon -rxd"
  2. run any xwayland application like Libreoffice
  3. use X session
  4. restart IBus automatically when log in

  exaple:
  $ sudo editor /etc/xdg/autostart/ibus-autostart.desktop

  [Desktop Entry]
  Name=ibus-autostart
  Exec=sh -c 'if [ "${IM_CONFIG_CHECK_ENV}" = "1" ] && [ "${XDG_SESSION_TYPE}"
= "wayland" ] && [ "${XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP}" = "ubuntu:GNOME" ] || [
"${XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP}" = "GNOME" ]; then ibus-daemon -rxd true; fi'
  TryExec=ibus-daemon
  Type=Application