Confirmed, check https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/workspace-
switcher/24686 for solution.

** Also affects: libwnck3 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to libwnck3 in Ubuntu.

  Buggish interface @ workstation panels previews when using dual
  portrait

Status in MATE Desktop:
  Unknown
Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in libwnck3 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in mate-panel package in Ubuntu:

  ...Freshly upgraded to 21.10 using the same OS that I used to open
  most of my previous video glitches ever...

  Using 2x monitor in portrait mode, the preview panel/widget(?) located
  at the bottom right side shows 2 things wrong:

  1. The "Workspace 1" preview is very elongated when compared to not only all
of it's previous incarnations (from 14.04 to 21.10) but also has an
inconsistent size when compared to it's neighbouring "Workspace 2".
Expectation: both 1 and 2 should be sized identically.
  2. When hovering the mouse cursor on "Workspace 2" only it's left portion
will highlight.
  Expectation: both monitors of "2" should highlight

  See enclosed picture.