Public bug reported:

1) % lsb_release -rd
Release:        20.04

2) % apt-cache policy firefox
firefox:
  Установлен: 93.0+build1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  Кандидат:   93.0+build1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  Таблица версий:
 *** 93.0+build1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 500
        500 http://ua.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64
Packages
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     75.0+build3-0ubuntu1 500
        500 http://ua.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages

3) After start Firefox expected to restore previous session
4) Firefox start with new tab

If I close Firefox by Ctrl-Q with opened tabs and start it again Firefox opens
with one new tab. When profile was recreated issue was gone but appeared again
after Firefox was closed by Ctrl-W.
The option "Restore previous session" is on. Without extension behavior the
same. I'm not sure but this begins after last update of Firefox

** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox do not save tabs

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu: