** Changed in: fprintd (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to fprintd in Ubuntu.

  As of today in hirsute no longer possible to use open-fprintd

Status in fprintd package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  It appears that fprintd-clients was replaced with libpam-fprintd, and
  libpam-fprintd can't be installed without fprintd.

  I can't use fprintd because it's incompatible with my fingerprint
  reader (Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen). Prior to today I was
  successfully using open-fprintd.

  Now, however, I had to uninstall open-fprintd and install libpam-
  fprintd to be able to log in (see bug 1917175), and I am unable to put
  open-fprintd back because that will force fprintd to uninstall, which
  will force libpam-fprintd to uninstall, which will make me unable to
  log in because pam_fprintd.so will disappear.

  This isn't great.

  Package: fprintd 1.90.9-1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME