Thanks for uploading the fix for this bug report to -proposed.  However,
when reviewing the package in -proposed and the details of this bug
report I noticed that the bug description is missing information
required for the SRU process.  You can find full details at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure but essentially
this bug is missing some of the following: a statement of impact, a test
case and details regarding where problems may occur.  Thanks in advance!

** Also affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Focal)

** Also affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Impish)

** Changed in: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Impish)

** Changed in: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Impish)

** Also affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Hirsute)

** Changed in: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Hirsute)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-prime in Ubuntu.

  New on-demand default causes RTD3 never to be enabled

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  New
Status in nvidia-prime package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in nvidia-prime source package in Focal:
  Incomplete
Status in nvidia-prime source package in Hirsute:
  Incomplete
Status in nvidia-prime source package in Impish:

  As per LP: #1942307 we now set on-demand as the default. This however,
  causes "prime-select on-demand", called by ubuntu-drivers, not to even
  try to detect RTD3 and to enable it, since "on-demand" is already set.

  We cannot make informed choices about RTD3 in the postinstallation
  script of nvidia-prime, therefore we should simply drop the check that
  prime-select makes to abort if the new profile is determined to be the
  same as the current profile.