I cannot reproduce the bug on the stock kernel, but the whole resume from
suspend process doesn't work reliably on the stock kernel for my config.
So, I don't know if the bug is not present or if I don't see it because I
never get to that point.

I'll keep researching and see if I can reproduce the issue.

El mié, 3 de nov. de 2021 a la(s) 23:50, Daniel van Vugt (
1949...@bugs.launchpad.net) escribió:

> Thanks for the bug report.
>
> Does the same bug occur if you log into 'Ubuntu on Xorg'?
>
> Does the same bug occur if you run the Ubuntu kernel instead of the
> generic one you have installed?
>

> ** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1949598
>
> Title:
>   Wrong resolution on second monitor after resume from suspend
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Nicolás Abel Carbone

Doctor en Física -  Becario Posdoctoral

CIFICEN-CONICET-UNCPBA

Research Gate <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nicolas_Carbone>

epsilon.h <https://epsilonh.com.ar>

Bionirs <http://bionirs.com>

*Mi horario de trabajo puede no coincidir con el suyo. Salvo que así lo
indique el mail, por favor no se sienta obligado a responder este mensaje
fuera de su horario de trabajo habitual.*

*My working hours may not be your working hours. Unless otherwise specified
in the mail, please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal
work schedule.*

  Wrong resolution on second monitor after resume from suspend

  I am running Ubuntu 21.10 on wayland.

  I have two monitors connected to a AMD 5500xt, one via HDMI and
  another, the secondary, via DP, with an DP->VGA adaptor. This setup
  worked just fine on Ubuntu 21.04, also on wayland.

  After updating to 21.10, often (but not always) the secondary monitor
  wakes up showing a wrong, lower resolution. Instead of the normal
  1280x1024, it starts at 800x600. Despite this, in Gnome Settings the
  resolution is still reported as 1280x1024.

  I can solve this issue by changing the resolution in settings and
  reverting back to 1280x1024.

  Package: gnome-shell 40.5-1ubuntu2
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Nov  3 11:44:16 2021
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" - Release amd64 (20201022)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 40.5-1ubuntu2
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to impish on 2021-10-03 (30 days ago)