I went ahead and uploaded this for Impish after making a few changes to
the debdiff.

1) Fixed the package version number to 0.8.4-1ubuntu1
2) Fixed debian/control and XSBC-Original-Maintainer (using update-maintainer
would have done this properly)
3) Removing unused patch tagging guideline info from that patch

This bug still needs SRU information added to the bug description for
this to be accepted by the Ubuntu SRU team. See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for details.

** Also affects: libayatana-indicator (Ubuntu Impish)

Packages, which is subscribed to libayatana-indicator in Ubuntu.

  indicator-applet-complete 1.18.0 icon scaling

Status in libayatana-indicator package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in libayatana-indicator source package in Impish:

  System: Ubuntu MATE 17.10 64bit
  Kernel: 4.13.0-16-generic
  indicator-applet-complete: 1.18.0

  It appears that some icons on the indicator applet complete cannot scale
well.
  I tried this on multiple computers and fresh installations, and I can
reproduce it 100% of the times. Icon on attached screenshot is from synology
cloudstation drive.

  As a side note, same icon scales well on Ubuntu 17.10 (gnome session),
  Kubuntu 17.10, and Ubuntu-Mate 16.04.