Unfortunately that doesn't completely prove the extension was to blame.

Strictly speaking, the GNOME developers would prefer everyone avoided
extensions. But it would create more complaints to disallow extensions
so they are allowed, and they might break your system.

  alt-tab doesnt work anymore after upgrade to 21.10

  I want to swicth windows with alt-tab.

  This worked until before I just upgraded from 21.4 to 21.10.

  Now nothing happens anymore.
  In Settings -> Keyboard -> Customize
  Shortcuts -> Navigation

  the Shortcut for "Switch Windows" is set to alt-tab, but pressing
  these doesnt do anything.

  Super-Tab works, but it switches applications, not windows.

  Package: gnome-shell 40.5-1ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.13.0-21.21-lowlatency 5.13.18
  Uname: Linux 5.13.0-21-lowlatency x86_64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Nov 15 00:47:15 2021
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 40.5-1ubuntu2
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to impish on 2021-11-14 (0 days ago)