   local sharing of any directory under home (~) fails due to permissions

Packages, which is subscribed to nautilus-share in Ubuntu.

  Nautilus share option doesn't allow guests

Status in nautilus-share package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: nautilus-share

  Whenever I share a folder through the right-click option on Nautilus,
  even if I set it to allow guests, this shared folder will always ask
  me for a username/password on any Windows machine (I've tried XP,
  Vista, and 7), and it won't even ask me for this data if I try to
  access it from another Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

  From what I've gathered, both smb.conf files (in /etc/samba/ and in
  /usr/share/samba/) are untouched, which makes it look like the
  extension isn't working. On Ubuntu 9.10 this worked the first time I
  tried it, but no idea what might be happening here on 10.04.

  I order for it to work, I have to add it manually to the smb.conf
  file, allowing guests, and also using "force user =", otherwise just
  as guests it'd keep asking for the username/password.

  I attached the "testparm -s" output, and here's the package versions:

  libpam-smbpass 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 samba install ok installed
  libsmbclient 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 samba install ok installed
  libwbclient0 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 samba install ok installed
  samba 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3  install ok installed
  samba-common 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 samba install ok installed
  samba-common-bin 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 samba install ok installed
  smbclient 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 samba install ok installed
  winbind 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 samba install ok installed