The firefox snap declares a plug on the joystick interface
(https://snapcraft.io/docs/joystick-interface), which should enable
detecting and using your gamepad.

It's not auto-connected though. Can you try:

    snap connect firefox:joystick

Then restart firefox, and test again?

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Gamepads are no longer detected

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  After the upgrade from Firefox deb to Firefox snap, my gamepad is no
  longer being detected.

  One gamepad is a Feitun FM0013, a gamepad with at least 5 operation
  modes I've found so far: Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, X-Box wired
  controller, PS3 wired controller, PS3 wireless controller and generic
  Bluetooth controller.

  From these 5 operation modes, X-Box wired controller, PS3 wired
  controller and generic Bluetooth controller work on my computer, while
  Nintendo Switch Pro Controller mode is found but doesn't detect any
  buttons while using PS3 wireless controller mode isn't found.

  When using on my notebook and smartphone, I normally use this gamepad
  in generic Bluetooth controller mode, as I want to use it wirelessly
  more often. I have noticed that any of the modes that worked with
  Firefox deb (X-Box wired controller, PS3 wired controller and generic
  Bluetooth controller) stopped working with the snap.

  Steps to reproduce:

  1) Have Firefox installed as a snap;
  2) Connect gamepad with one of its compatible modes;
  3) Access page/game to test the gamepad
(https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/12/the-gamepad-api/ or
https://luser.github.io/gamepadtest/ or http://www.cross-code.com/en/start for
example);
  4) Notice how the gamepad isn't detected.

  I have a Redragon Seymur 2 too, and it also isn't detected. Using the
  Firefox from the Mozilla page, the gamepads are found and appear as
  follow in the luser's page:

  gamepad: 0079-0006-DragonRise Inc. Generic USB Joystick
  gamepad: 045e-028e-Microsoft X-Box 360 pad

  The X-Box 360 one is the Feitun. Using Bluetooth, the Feitun appear
  as:

  gamepad: 1949-0402-Gamepad

  So, unfortunately, Firefox snap is unusable to play games while using
  gamepads. For example, I can play CrossCode on the Chromium snap, but
  am unable to play it on Firefox snap.

  Package: firefox 1:1snap1-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Sun Feb 27 11:25:06 2022
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 17.04 "Zesty Zapus" - Release amd64 (20170412)
  Snap.Changes: não foram encontradas alterações
  SourcePackage: firefox
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2019-12-22 (797 days ago)
  modified.conffile..etc.cron.daily.apport: [deleted]