I've just tried this fix in Jammy nightly and it works for me. Thanks!

  Cannot change wallpaper by right-clicking image in dark theme

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in nautilus source package in Jammy:

  With the light theme enabled, you can set the desktop wallpaper by
  right-clicking on an image file's icon in the file manager and
  selecting "Set As Wallpaper". When you do this the Desktop wallpaper
  changes straight away.

  Now change to dark theme and repeat the above steps. The wallpaper
  never changes. You can however change the wallpaper fine using Gnome
  settings -> Appearance.

  Thanks
  Nick

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:41.4-1ubuntu6
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME