As part of our udev backend we do something like:
$ sudo udevadm control --reload-rules ; sudo udevadm trigger
--subsystem-nomatch=input

On 22.04 after boot this will trigger the gdm screen to reappear. It
looks almost like the user is logged out except that the session is
still running but the user is put on the VT of gdm.

This was also observed on arch.

** Affects: snapd

** Affects: gdm3 (Ubuntu)

** Tags: patch
--
connecting interfaces with a udev rule triggers return to gdm login screen
Packages, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.