** Description changed:

  I tried out Ubuntu 22.04 today, and the app icons in the application
  grid (or applications overview, I'm not sure what's the official name)
- seem to be sorted in random order (they're probable sorted, but I can't
+ seem to be sorted in random order (they're probably sorted, but I can't
  figure out how). I think it would be better if the app icons were sorted
  alphabetically by default after a fresh install.

  I know the icons can be rearranged manually, but I don't think this
  makes this issue less relevant.

  In Ubuntu 20.04 the icons were always sorted alphabetically (but on the
  other hand there was no way to reorder them if so desired).

  Order of app icons in application grid seems to be random (not sorted
  alphabetically)