The Firefox 99.01 64 bit snap in Ubuntu 22.04 downloads only work for the
Downloads directory. All other directories are either unavailable (Save button
greyed out), or if by clicking on the path a few times, the Save button becomes
available, the save fails, saying you don't have permission...
Of course, I have full permission on the target directory when this happens.
The Desktop fails, so not likely a mistake on my part.

  All file downloads fail

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Moving to the snap version results in all file download failing.
  Message is just "failed".

  Package: firefox 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
  Uname: Linux 5.16.0-18.2-liquorix-amd64 x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Fri Apr  1 15:56:13 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64 (20171018)
  RebootRequiredPkgs: Error: path contained symlinks.
  Snap.Changes: no changes found
  SourcePackage: firefox
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2021-12-08 (114 days ago)