Can someone please look into this?

This is happening * again * in Ubuntu 22.04 and is incredibly annoying.

JP

  The Activities top left button reacts to a mouse-up (e.g. drag and
  drop) instead of a click

  Honestly I have no idea which package this is in and I could not
  identify it by following the wiki page for identifying packages. I had
  no luck with the ubuntu-bug command either. Feel free to migrate at
  your discretion.

  The Activities menu/button at the top left in the desktop menu(?) bar
  seems to listen to left-mouse-up instead of a full click with the
  mouse.

  If I want to e.g. select all my files on the desktop by click-and-
  dragging a selection box and then end the selection at the top left of
  the screen I will then also activate the Activities button if I
  release the mouse button over it.

  I expect most button-like UI controls to only trigger on complete
  mouse clicks: mouse down, mouse up.

  Pretty much the *only* exception to this expectation -- that I can
  think of -- is when a click is initiated on one menu item and finishes
  on a menu item that is its peer.

  ---

  Release:      17.10