Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and make Ubuntu better.
Firefox is provided by a snap published by Mozilla, and bugs for the
snap are not tracked here. Contact them via
https://support.mozilla.org/kb/file-bug-report-or-feature-request-
mozilla for help.

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Downloads “Show in folder” button goes to /run/user/100/doc/.../
  instead of chosen location

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Overview:
  Firefox appears to be saving two copies of a downloaded file, one in the
chosen location and one in a special /run/user folder, and is showing that
folder instead of the chosen location when asked to open the downloaded file.

  Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Right-click on a page and choose “Save Page As..” or “Save Link As...”
  2. Choose a location such as /home/username/.thunderbird/deleteme.html
  3. Watch the download icon show download completion
  4. Click the download icon in the toolbar, and click “Show in Folder” button
in that file's download.
  5. Notice that it opens the file in /run/user/1000/doc/RANDOM/deleteme.html
instead of where you saved it.

  Expected Results:
  File is where I asked Firefox to save it, and Show in Folder opens that
folder.

  Actual Results:
  There's an additional copy of the file at /run/user/100/doc/RANDOM/ and that
is the folder that gets opened from the Downloads menu.

  Additional Notes:
  * Tested on Firefox 99.0.1 Mozilla Firefox for Snap Ubuntu cannoical-002 -
1.0 using both my usual profile as well as a fresh new profile, same results
both times.
  * I've never seen this /run/user stuff before, wondering if it's because of
the Snap packaging in Ubuntu 22.04?