There is a report upstream on https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-
bluetooth/-/issues/13

You use bluetoothctl set-alias on the cmdline as a workaround to set
different names

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-bluetooth/-/issues #13
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-bluetooth/-/issues/13

** Package changed: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu) => gnome-bluetooth
(Ubuntu)

  unable to distinquish different bluetooth devices

Status in gnome-bluetooth package in Ubuntu:

  In "bluetooth" panel of the settings there are connected/presiously
  connected devices. In case some one owns multiple devices of same
  model it is impossible to distinguish them easily. In  practice
  different entries are distinguishable by the bluetooth device address.

  There should be an option to "rename" the device to a string set by
  the used. There is such an option in MacOS.

  In my use case I own several Bluetooth rechargeable headsets. They
  need to be charged for 4 hours to allow for 6-8 hours of use. So I own
  several copies to have entire-day coverage.

  In real world the headsets are distinguishable by the state of
  cushions, but quite often I have one headset connected, but I do not
  know which one is it. If I could rename:

  Philips SHB7150
  Philips SHB7150
  Philips SHB7150
  Philips SHB7150

  to e.g.

  Philips SHB7150 - mint cushions
  Philips SHB7150 - worn cushions
  Philips SHB7150 - extra battery
  Philips SHB7150 - number 4

  this would be very helpful.

  This is not really a "bug" but a missing functionality.

  Release:      22.04

  Package: nautilus 1:42.0-1ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair nvidia_modeset
nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME