It sounds related but as far as I can tell, it is not a duplicate of
[1]. I can produce the erroneous behavior with g-c-c 1:41.4-1ubuntu13
(that includes the fix for [1]).

The issue boils down to this: I disable Remote Desktop in the control
center. I log out and back in. Remote Desktop is enabled again (both the
service and the switch in the control center).

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-
center/+bug/1969619

** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1969619
   RDP Sharing appears on by default in jammy

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-remote-desktop in Ubuntu.

  Remote desktop is automatically enabled after login

Status in gnome-remote-desktop package in Ubuntu:

  If I disable sharing/remote desktop in GNOME Control Center, then log
  out and back in, it is automatically enabled again. I report this as a
  security vulnerability because remote desktop is enabled without the
  user's knowledge.

  Software versions:
  - Ubuntu 22.04
  - gnome-remote-desktop 42.0-4ubuntu1
  - gnome-control-center 1:41.4-1ubuntu13

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start with Remote Desktop enabled. "systemctl --user status
gnome-remote-desktop.service" reports "active (running)".
  2. Disable Remote Desktop in Control Center. systemctl reports "inactive
(dead)".
  3. Log out and back in.
  4. Open Control Center. Remote Desktop is enabled again. systemctl reports
"active (running)".

  Expected behavior:
  Remote Desktop should stay disabled upon the new login.

  Actual behavior:
  Remote Desktop was automatically enabled again.

  Previous discussion: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-
  center/-/issues/1775#note_1443319