Thank you for your bug report. That's probably worth reporting upstream
on https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-disk-utility/-/issues

Unsure it is changing the mount option, when selecting as an user it can
map to the user who did the action but for a system mount that's not
possible. The UI could provide easier way to set those options though

** Changed in: gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-disk-utility in Ubuntu.

  Changing default mounting options causes root owner

Status in gnome-disk-utility package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 22.04
  If I change the default mounting options in Gnome Disk Utility the owner is
root.  This threw me for a loop when all of my git repos were not working.  I
thought it was an ubuntu 22.04 problem or a ppa.

  It is directly from Gnome Disk Utility by changing the auto mount
  options.  I don't remember this happening before.

  Reproduce

  **Control:**
  Under default mount options.
  Go to your data partition, right click and look at properties/permissions.
  You will be the owner.

  **Cause the bug.**
  Select a data partition you might have (ntfs) for dual boot machines to share
data.
  Change the switch from default mounting options (top switch) to manual
settings.  Change label to human readable. ("Data").  Reboot.

  Go to your data partition, right click and look at
  properties/permissions.

  It will say the owner is root and you are not the owner.

  **Fix For The Problem:**
  It took a long time, but I had to add uid=1000,gid=1000 to the settings.
This hard to research "mystery setting" is not acceptable for a GUI mounting
tool.

  Reboot.