** No longer affects: ubuntu

Packages, which is subscribed to clutter-gtk in Ubuntu.

  Probles with Clutter

Status in clutter-gtk package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Running Xubuntu 20.04.4

  I've started seeing all sorts of programs failing in the last week
  apparently due to clutter.  This includes Geeqie and Cheese, and
  possibly Zoom, although I haven't tracked down the problem there.  For
  example, when I try to start geeqie, I get:

  Can't initialize clutter-gtk.
  Start geeqie with the option: --disable-clutter

  When I try to run cheese I get:

  (cheese:1207183): Clutter-CRITICAL **: 17:54:24.432: Unable to
  initialize Clutter: Unable to initialize the Clutter backend: no
  available drivers found.

  ** (cheese:1207183): ERROR **: 17:54:24.432: cheese-application.vala:89:
Unable to initialize libcheese-gtk
  Trace/BPT trap(coredump)

  In researching the problem I ran across this article:

  https://blogs.gnome.org/clutter/

  Now, I have no idea what clutter is/does, but it seems to now be
  retired.  Was the package removal back-ported to earlier releases of
  Ubuntu?  The gir1.2-gtkclutter-1.0, gir1-clutter-1.0 and
  gstreamer1.0-clutter-3.0 packages are still installed.

  Any guidelines here?  Thanks.