This is correct (not a bug): PipeWire audio support is explicitly
disabled in 22.04 so as to avoid breaking PulseAudio there.

If you want to try PipeWire in 22.04 then the fix is indeed comment #14.

** Tags added: jammy kubuntu

** Changed in: pipewire (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pipewire in Ubuntu.

  Fails to act a sound server by default

Status in pipewire package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I understand this is quite an exotic upgrade scenario, nevertheless
  here goes: After upgrading from my pipwire enabled Kubuntu 21.10 to
  22.04 I had no usable output devices. It turns out I needed to install
  wireplumber to get my output devices back in plasma pa widget (and
  actually use them).