Can you cite the bug report on the libcanberra package which relates to
this issue? There are LOTS of them.

FWIW, the only component of the several components of the evolution
suite which EXPLICITLY depends on libcanberra (ldd ....|grep canberra)
is /usr/libexec/evolution-data-server/evolution-alarm-notify. Disabling
the loading of this module by renaming it does NOT fix the problem, so
if the problem is indeed in libcanberra then it must be used implicitly
by some other part of the suite.

.... or else something much more esoteric is going on :)

Packages, which is subscribed to libcanberra in Ubuntu.

  Evolution not deleting autosave files

Status in Evolution:
  Fix Released
Status in evolution package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in libcanberra package in Ubuntu:

  Running Ubuntu MATE, Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS. Evolution v3.44.1-0ubuntu1
  was installed with the distribution on a new system and received
  settings imported from an earlier version on another computer.

  When composing an email, if the process takes long enough an autosave
  file is created as ~/.local/share/evolution/.evolution-
  composer.autosave-xxxxxx ("xxxxxx" is a random 6 character string).
  When the email is successfully sent, the autosave file SHOULD be
  deleted. It's not. When evolution is shut down and restarted I'm asked
  if I want to recover an unfinished email. Answering No to this will
  delete the autosave file, but otherwise it persists and the recovery
  query recurs the next time I open evolution.

  Other people are having the same issue, see
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1972. The Gnome
  people aren't dealing with it, perhaps considering it a distro-
  specific bug.

  On a system used by many people this is a potential security issue.