Closing as won't fix. This won't be addressed by Xubuntu.

** Changed in: xubuntu-default-settings (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to policykit-1 in Ubuntu.

  xubuntu does not disable gtk overlay scrollbars (i.e. use solid
  scrollbars)

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Confirmed
Status in PolicyKit:
  Won't Fix
Status in policykit-1 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in xubuntu-default-settings package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  xubuntu does not disable gtk overlay scrollbars (i.e. use solid
  scrollbars)

  On this page http://tracker.xubuntu.org/ in the source code, Sean
  Davis is assigned to disable gtk3.16 overlay scrollbars in xubuntu-
  default-settings (i.e. use solid scrollbars) and
  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/xubuntu-w-development
  shows also that the work is done.

  I am running xubuntu 15.10 beta 2 and this is not the case.

  Opening up ubuntu-modified programmes shows solid scrollbars (like the
  non-csd-ized, non-header-bar-ized evince), but synaptic shows overlay
  scrollbars.

  I find it very annoying. There is no visual clue of a scrollbar until
  I move my mouse over the window, and unlike Android or iOS scrollbars,
  the width changes and the transparency changes depending on how close
  my mouse is.

  Very hard to use.

  Please fix.

  Package: xubuntu-default-settings 15.10.3
  CasperVersion: 1.365
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE