** Package changed: ubuntu => gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: jammy kinetic

  Mouse cursor graphics is misaligned by 1 pixel horizontally

  Tested with live sessions of *buntu 22.10 beta, though it occurs on at
  least *buntu 22.04 as well.

  The mouse cursor is misaligned horizontally by 1 pixel on basically
  every flavor I’ve tried (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, etc; also
  xorg vs xwayland vs wayland seems to makes no difference nor does
  normal or safe graphics and neither does Intel vs AMD graphics, no
  idea about Nvidia) and you have to go back to Ubuntu 10.10 (not a
  typo) or older to find a case where this bug isn’t present (on the
  left edge of the screen it’s most noticeable with the “DMZ Black”
  cursor while, on the right edge, it’s most noticeable with the “DMZ
  White” cursor)

  Also, the lower your display resolution is, the more noticeable this
  issue is.

  For me this is one of those “once you see it then you can’t un-see it”
  and I’m way too much of a Linux beginner as well as extremely weak in
  coding (I’m a hardware person through-and-through) to know where to
  even begin with trying to figure out the actual package that is
  causing this long-standing issue.

  Attached are animated screenshots demonstrating the issue (the grey
  represents your display bezel).