[Expired for gdm3 (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.

  correct password occassionally not accepted on start up.  Will usually
  work after several attempts and/or reboot.

Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  ubuntu 20.04
  3.36.8

  (I typed 'apt-cache policy pkgname' into terminal but the answer I
  received was: 'N: Unable to locate package pkgname')

  Correct password is not accepted until several attempts are made.

   The password is definitely correct.  Have verified this.  When this
  problem occurs, another problem also occurs, where the password
  displays without being concealed as it is typed.  After typing the
  same password in several times, it will work.  Rebooting also often
  seems to temporarily resolve the problem.  The issue comes up
  sporadically, perhaps once every twenty times I try to log into
  ubuntu.

  Package: gnome-screensaver (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.15.0-41.44~20.04.1-generic 5.15.39
  Uname: Linux 5.15.0-41-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.24
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Jul 17 10:42:54 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200731)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_CA:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>